Wednesday

Durango Here We Come!

We went with some friends to Durango the weekend before Christmas and came home Christmas Eve. We had a great time and loved every bit of it !!! We had some awesome homemade Hot Cocoa and Canned Cinnimon Rolls, Mmmmm... We walked down by the Train and got pictures (on my friends camera) and we walked up and down Main street. There are some neat little shops there. Kayla and I loved the Fur Coats!! We went back the next night just to see them again and we went to a movie, nothing was open other than that Fur shop. We won't tell the guys what else we did................J/K
So, here are some pictures......




I can't believe that we are driving into those clouds....

Here's Jason and Corey @ The Elk Farm...

Behind the barn are some Elk...

Zachary in front of the Mueseum....

Corey in The Museum...
Some Dwellings in the clif of the mountain...



I was only 10 ft. or so from this Deer...
The Sun Setting...
The Moon Rising...The end of play day #1...and I missed
the snow sledding, the mom's stayed back at the cars with
the youngest kids, while the dad's sledded with the older
ones. We forgot to send the cameras~dang it!



PLAY DAY # 2...We drove to Silverton and through
Telluride back to Durango (Big Loop). The Snow was
amazing...
It was actually snowing on us in areas...
Beautiful drive...

I got out of the car to get an Ice Cicle, but the snow came
up to my knee and I decided not to go further...

This was an amazing small Canyon, can you find the
2 (TWO)
Ice Climbers? (below) Jason calls it "finding Waldo"
my clue: they are both towards the bottom of the
picture and about 3 inches from each other.
Corey and Westin....

The guys and the kids, Moms taking pictures...
The drive home was warming up...this is near Ship Rock...

10 comments:

Kenyon said...

How beautiful! I am so glad you guys had so much fun. I sure enjoyed looking at these beautiful pictures. I never found Waldo?!

barbafamily said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Those pictures with the snow are just beautiful! I love Durango!

Kasey said...

Hey there! Long time no see for sure! I love the world of blogging. It's amazing who you can find. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. What happened? You can e-mail me with details you'd not like to leave it in a comment.
turnertrio@hotmail.com
I told my mom and she can't believe it. She's going to call your mom sometime tomorrow. You guys look good and happy. KIT a lot! I like comments and I love to blog. Talk to you soon!
Kasey =)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to here about your grandma. We will be at the viewing Thursday nite. I need to hug your mom. Glad you commented on Kasey's blog and then she found your blog, or we would not have known about it.

Anonymous said...

Make that "hear" about your grandma. I was typing too fast and too late. She was a great lady. She had such a great smile.

Brandis said...

So sorry about your grandma!! I hope you are all doing okay. It looks like you had a good trip. The pictures are beautiful! I found 1 Waldo. :)

Linae said...

Wow! I love these pictures! I feel like I need to see some snow to make the season complete! Merry Christmas!

barbafamily said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! In her picture, she looks like a very sweet lady. I lost my grandmother in March of this year and I still feel like I have an empty hole in my heart, but just keep all those memories of your grandmother close and that hole won't feel so empty :-). I hope the funeral went well...this is a hard time during the holidays. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

renhallows said...

Natalie,
SOrry to hear about aunt Joannie. I loved that lady...what a wonderful woman she was. Always sharing her love with others.
also, the pictures of your trip are beautiful. WOW!

The Porters said...

Looks like you guys went to Utah with the snow and all! But it looked like a fun trip! Come up here during winter and you can always play in the snow. :) So how did you get the whole three columns anyway? I just hope everytime I change the layout I dont have to repost all the extra stuff its kinda a pain.